January 3, 2009

Finding Balance from being a Mother and Finding Myself

I have noticed that as a mother there is so many things that I love, but there is so many things that I wish were like they were before I had kids.  I love my kids so much, but I long for mommy time.  I have started to believe that it is a thing of the past, something that I once knew, but no longer would see.

I have decided, while I cherish sleep, that I am changing my sleeping patterns.  I am starting with getting up at 6:30 every morning and start drinking my coffee and wake up, in quiet.  It helps me function and deal with talkative boys.

I have also decided to make sure that after they go to bed that I sit down and read a chapter from a book.  I am not sure what books I am going to read, even though right now I have joined the Twilight hype and started on those books,  but only 1 chapter I will read.  That will give me time to sit with Brian and spend time with him as well.

I am looking for a way to be a happy mommy, so that my family is happy as well.  I know that this is something that I need to do, I know that I need to change some things, not only for me, but for all of us.  I love being a Stay at Home Mother, but in the same breath, I miss being me.  I know that there has to be a balance, and I am working this year to find it!

No comments: