August 17, 2008

Boys and using the potty

Today was the first day I wished I had girls!  Cleaning up after boys is gross
I am so sick and tired of my bathroom smelling so bad.  Yes I know it is not going to smell pretty, but it has a strong smell of urine. 
I have been cleaning and cleaning it and nothing seems to get rid of the odor.  I finally convinced my husband to help me take off the toilet seat. 
He swore to me that it was not the problem.  That it did not smell bad in there.  That it was all in my head. 
Well he took off the screws, and I was right, there was pee there.  It was not only dried on but it dripped out.  I know gross... and let me tell you it was.  So I scrubbed, and scrubbed.  I "flossed" a wipe under the bowl and the seat of the toilet.  I scrubbed everything so and made sure that I got everything.
It is amazing how much better it smells in there.  It is not perfect, but better.  I just can not figure out where else he hit.  I have scrubbed the entire bathroom.  The only thing I have not done is drained the toilet and taken it apart to clean it.  But that just might be next.

No comments: