May 28, 2009

They Grow Up Too Fast

So I have been thinking... and for me that is often something that is scary...  kids grow up too fast.  Yea I know, this is something that you have told me for years... right.  But as a new parent you never really believe it until you can look back at a ton of memories and think, where has the time gone.

I remember like it was yesterday when I first got the news that I was pregnant.  I say got the news because I when to have a blood test done and had to call in for the results.  I was on the way to go swimming with a friend when I called.  I could not believe whe the voice on the other end of the phone said "congratulations you are pregnant." 

Oh and the morning my water broke and I went into labor.  That day is still vivid in my head.  I can see myself running around the house, and still feel the excitement and feeling so nervous on the way to the hospital.  I can remember holding him in my arms for the first time.  What an amazing feeling.

Now that he is 4 1/2 and going to finish up his first day of preschool... OMG what happened.  I look back and think where has the time gone.  Where is my little boy that would cling to mommy's leg and would not go do anything.  You know the kid that you were afraid to drop off at school because you thought that you were going to have to go in with him so that he would stop crying.

This is the little boy that was so cute because he had so much little baby fat on him, and now I look at his picture or at him running around in my back yard and think who is this tall and skinny boy that is sitting there.

I would love to figure out how to stop him from growing, but I am also excited to see what the future holds.  I know that every year and new experience is so amazing, that next year is going to be amazing too!

No comments: